Fall Family Camp Weekend
Camp Tockwogh, Worton MD
Friday Oct 4 - Sunday Oct 6 2019
An Annual Tradition!
Members Only - Most Rainbow Families Events are proudly open to the public.
Our Camping Weekend is a special time, a safe space, for our members
Join Today: Membership Information
About: Our Family Camp Weekend provides LGBTQ+ families with the very unique opportunity to forge personal connections and build community with one another. Together, parents and children spend the entire weekend enjoying the rustic outdoors, beautiful scenery, and fun activities. A wonderful way for our children to be among other families like theirs.
Camp Tockwogh is in Worton Maryland, about a 2 hour drive from the DMV. A 309-acre family-friendly YMCA campground, located on the Chesapeake Bay.
Learn more about Camp Tockwogh HERE.
Scheduled Activities: Arts and Crafts | Giant Swing | Leap of Faith | Climbing Wall | Archery | Canoeing | | Kayaking | Kidzone Activities | Tie-Dying | Climbing Wall | Boat Rides | Family Hike | Campfire with Smores
AGENDA - This link provides the schedule for our weekend
Pricing and Housing Options: NO INCREASE IN RATES FOR 2019
We do need a minimum of participants, however this has not been an issue in our prior years.
Learn about the available HOUSING OPTIONS HERE. Housing options are limited, and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration fees depend on your housing selection, and range from $115-$160 per person (children and adults ages 3 and up). Registration includes 2 nights accommodations, five meals, an ice cream social, and a wide list of activities.
Rates are per person (2 and under are free):
- Rustic Cabin - Standard Accommodations – $115 (USD) - Each rustic cabin sleeps 5-12 people with bunk-beds. Each cabin has electricity and lights; no heat, no private bathrooms, but they are near the 'shower houses'. Depending on #'s in this category, it is possible these will have more than 1 family per cabin. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same room when you register.
- Stewart Lodge – $150 (USD) - The Stewart Lodge is its own building with a common area, and 2 large rooms. Each room sleeps 8 (with twin beds, not bunks) and has a bathroom. Minimum 4 per room. Smaller families can pay the minimum, or will likely share the room with another family. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same room when you register.
- Cottages – $155 (USD) - Each cottage sleeps a total of 9, with 3 bedrooms sleeping 3 people. Each bedroom has a bathroom. Large families may be request 2 or 3 bedrooms depending on family size, smaller families will likely have others sharing the cottage. If you have a family in mind, request to be paired in the same cottage when you register.
- Conference Center/Tockwogh Lodge – $160 (USD) - These accommodations include carpeted bedrooms that sleep 5-6 people each, with bunk-beds. Every bedroom is equipped with a bathroom. There is a large common area, fireplace, and a room with a refrigerator you can keep things in. Only 6 rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Must have a minimum of 4 people per bedroom. There are 2 additional units on the lower level as well, if we sell out of the 6 upstairs rooms, we may open up the additional 2 rooms.
- Tent Accommodations - $90 (USD) Bring your own tent and enjoy the TRUE camping experience!!
Rainbow Families strives to offer programming accessible to all, regardless of cost. Some families may find the cost of this event challenging. Through the generosity of Rainbow Families members, we may be able to off-set some of your out-of-pocket expense. Please contact us for assistance.
Cancellations/Refunds: Cancellations received after September 10 will not be eligible for refund. This is a rain or shine event.
Helpful reminders: This is camping. It's rustic. It's a YMCA. It's FUN! Accommodations are basic, most have bunk beds, you bring your linens. Most parents find tremendous value in having their kids (and themselves) unplug for a weekend, and experience an outdoorsy, natural setting, and connect with other families like theirs in this wonderful environment. Also remember, most housing options are shared accomodations...it's part of the camping fun and sense of community. There are limited options for private accommodations however (plus tent camping!).
If you have been before, and would like to submit lodging requests (such as a particular cabin, room number) EMAIL those requests. They will be handled in the order received; while every effort will be made to accommodate, there are no guarantees.
Food: There is a full time kitchen team who make meals for us, most from scratch. We eat in the dining hall, and we all help set up and clean up for each meal. Healthier options (vegetarian items, salads, fruit) are always available and they can usually accommodate most allergies, gluten free etc with advance notice. It's not fancy cuisine, but it's not prepackaged microwave meals. You are always welcome to bring your own snacks, beverages, or items for finicky eaters or very special diets.
COFFEE STARTS FLOWING AT 7AM !
See You There!!